Like many businesses, Cutters Yard closed its doors in March following the COVID-19 outbreak to ensure that our customers and barbers are safe. We are thrilled to announce that the UK government has made the provisional decision for salons and barbershops to re-open on 4th July, which means that we can finally welcome you all back! In light of the new normal, however, we have put in place a number of health and safety measures to ensure that we minimise any potential risks and comply with the government guidance.
APPOINTMENT ONLY SERVICES
● From now we will be operating on an appointment-only basis in order to effectively regulate the number of people inside the salon and optimise our new hygiene procedures.
● Appointments can be booked on our website (www.cuttersyard.com), by phone or via our mobile application. If you decide to walk-in for any of our services then you will be asked to book an appointment on the spot – this is to minimise the number of clients within the salon at any one time.
● As a result of these measures, we will also be requiring a £20.00 upfront payment to secure your slot which will be used with your service. This is to minimise the risk of no-shows which can have a negative impact on the team and salon management in light of these current circumstances.
NEW BOOKING PROCEDURES
● We have reduced the number of barbers working in both locations to comply with social distancing guidelines which is why we strongly advise you to book your appointment in advance to avoid any disappointment.
● Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your appointment slot as any delays will have a knock-on effect to the following appointments.
● Late appointments (over 5 minutes) cannot be fulfilled or be subject to refund or change.
● If you are experiencing symptoms of any kind prior to your appointment, please contact us and we will reschedule your booking to the best of our ability (generally at least 14 days ahead).
● We have installed sanitising stations at the entry of both our stores where you will be given antibacterial gel, a mask and a pair of disposable gloves (optional). Antibacterial hand wash will also be available on each cutting station to use at any time.
● Our hygiene standards are meticulous and our barbers already wash their hands before and after every appointment and this will be increased with our new hygiene procedures. Rest reassured, your barber’s hands will be washed prior and following your service. Barbers will also be wearing protective gloves and a face mask or shield (during beard trims) throughout each appointment for your safety and peace of mind.
● All surfaces such as cutting stations, equipment and other high-touch points such as surfaces, card payment machines and barber chairs will be thoroughly sanitized with antibacterial/antiviral agents throughout the day and in-between each appointment.
● Barbering equipment such as scissors, combs, brushes and clippers to be sanitised with relevant disinfecting products
● Equipment that is difficult to clean will only be used once then properly disposed of (e.g single-use razor blades, neck bands, etc.).
● Towels used for beard services will be clean at the start of each service. Towels will be washed using antibacterial detergent and 90-degree water after each service. All gowns will be single use and washed using an antibacterial agent between every customer.
THE “NEW NORMAL”
● All of our barbers will be wearing face masks in-store. We will require everyone to wear a mask inside the salons to protect yourself and your barber throughout your appointment.
● We will now be operating on a cashless basis, accepting only contactless and car payments.
● Please do not attend appointments with friends and family, unless other parties are also booked in for the service, as waiting areas are no longer in use.
● Please adhere to social distancing rules whenever possible by maintaining a 2m distance.
● We will be placing acrylic partitions at reception areas and in between barber chairs as well as floor markings to guide you through the salon as an additional safety measure.
We will continue to amend and update these procedures in line with any developments in government guidelines relating to COVID-19. We look forward to welcoming you all back when our doors reopen – we cannot wait to see you all again!